Views From The Tank
Molted carapace, Debelius reef lobster
Nothing coming up. You wanna talk?
- The linguistic science behind why Norwegians use the word ‘Texas’ to mean ‘crazy’
That's so Texas.
- Best Dance Music Cities
- Why Computer Programmers Should Stop Calling Themselves Engineers
I know a lot of people who will disagree with this, but brogrammer culture has put us in this situation.
- How Capicola Became Gabagool: The Italian New Jersey Accent, Explained
"How can someone who doesn’t speak the language possibly have an regional accent?"
- UK's first major trial of self-healing concrete gets underway
Lessons from coral: calcium carbonate-producing lifeforms are the ultimate carpenters.
- Weird, Wonderful Infographics From the Turn-of-the-Century Chicago Tribune
Featuring "Where the babies die", "Moles and their meaning", and the men who control America's railway mileage.
- Tangram Bendy Map
Find your way on Ringworld.
- Live Chicago haiku reading by Jen Masengarb
Could not love this more.
- How Poetry Could Make Your Passwords Harder to Hack
One benefit of the high information entropy of rhymed verse.
- Six Degrees of Francis Bacon
The social network that was early modern Britain.