“Of course we had to turn it down.”
Not going to win any parenting awards here, but I think I know who will be carrying on the tradition in my twilight years. (Clip art brilliance, I say!)
Views From The Tank
- Someone has finally invented a trombone flamethrower and it makes us very happy
What took so long?
- Edward Tufte forum: Goldberg and Design Variations
Glenn Gould, J.S. Bach, and data visualization? SIGN ME THE HELL UP.
- Riding the Slow Boat to the Delaware River's Floating Hot Dog Stand
Forget food trucks. We need floating food shanties!
- These architects promise to build a life-size replica of a city from Lord of the Rings — if you fork over $2.8 billion
- Scorsese, DiCaprio to team up for 'Devil in the White City'
Daniel Burnham plus America's first serial killer. I *will* find a way to be an extra in this.
- Africa vernacular architecture
The world is better for this existing. More more please.
- The strange phenomenon of musical 'skin orgasms'
"Who needs sex and drugs when you’ve got Rachmaninov?"
- If Self-Driving Cars Are the Answer, What’s the Question?
"Self-driving cars are a sticking plaster over existing conditions. They actually reinforce the Californian Ideology that underpins today’s mobility problems: suburban sprawl, based around the possibility of lengthy car-based commutes, in turn predicated on a highly individualistic view of society. It is an entirely conservative move."
- There’s an app to listen to silent TVs in public places
I want this for regular humans. Muted by default, unmuted on demand via an app.
- High-pitched music makes chocolate taste sweeter, and other sonic seasonings