“Of course we had to turn it down.”
Not going to win any parenting awards here, but I think I know who will be carrying on the tradition in my twilight years. (Clip art brilliance, I say!)
Views From The Tank
Nothing coming up. You wanna talk?
- There’s an app to listen to silent TVs in public places
I want this for regular humans. Muted by default, unmuted on demand via an app.
- High-pitched music makes chocolate taste sweeter, and other sonic seasonings
- The State Hermitage Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia
My first ever work project, digitization of the Hermitage art collection, just got its first web refresh in 16 years.
- Candyman: Cabrini-Green and the fear of public housing
New AV Club series called "Popcorn Politics" looks at the sometimes latent ideologies behind movies.
- Understanding Shakespeare
Excellent resource. Click a line in any Shakespeare play and see all the JSTOR articles that reference it.
- Researchers Discover Sharks Living In An Active Underwater Volcano
Because sharks aren't badass enough.
- (Science) Fiction and Design — Jesse Kriss
This is superb in every possible way.
- Pope to Urban Planners: Build Better Cities
The moral case for smart urban design.
- Afghanistan’s Destroyed Buddhas Given New Life As Holograms
When digital preservation becomes digital re-presentation.
- University of Cambridge is Getting a Professor of LEGO
The university is looking for someone "whose work falls within the general field of the title of the office." Me me me!