Blogchores. Nothing but blogchores on this Labor Day.
Some housekeeping notes:
- The main page has been tidied up a bit.
- Gone is the blogroll (it’s not you, it’s me).
- Search, feed subscriptions, and links to topics by date and by category live only on the archive page now.
- The photo sidebar now shows the five latest Flickr pics rather than a random one.
- The very bottom of the sidebar lists upcoming events, usually conferences I’ll be attending.
- Comments no longer need approval. Taking a gamble on this one, but with spam mostly curbed (thanks to this) it’ll be easier. Wish I could turn trackbacks back on, though. Sigh.
- Post titles in the title bar. I know, I know. Curb your urge to leap skyward in joy.
- Upgrade to Movable Type 3.32. This means virtually nothing to you, the reader, but it makes things a tad easier for me. Support for tags (about time), widgets (basically scriptable includes), and tighter external feed integration (promising but very 1.0) may lead to new functionality later on.
I can’t abide this. Even the loss of one type of punctuation gets my dander up.
As I see it, I have three options.
- Live with the lack of apostrophe, losing my footing on the slippery path that leads to complete punctutaion anarchy.
- Use the del.icio.us blog function that posts recent additions once daily (like this). I don’t like this so much because, well, because it only happens once daily.
- Really drop the hammer by dumping del.icio.us and integrating links as quasi-posts right in the body, all Kottke remaindered links-like. The big advantage here is a more flexible format than linked title + short link-free description. But crap it is a lot of work to implement.